视频加载中...
[Topher's Birthday Party托弗的生日派对]
(A big birthday party is occuring at Tammy's house when Lynette walks in with the twins, holding a present.塔米家正在举办一场盛大的生日派对,勒纳特拿着礼物带着双保胎走进去。)
Lynette: 34;Hey, Tammy."
Tammy: "Lynette."
Lynette: "I see Topher's made a speedy recovery."
我看托弗病愈的很快啊。
Twin: "Can we go play?"
我们可以去玩吗?
Lynette: "Yeah, sure, boys. Have fun."
当然可以,好好去玩吧。
Twins: "Whoo! Let's go play in the bounce house! Let's go! Let's go! Come on!"
我们去玩蹦蹦屋,快走快走。
Tammy: "All right,you caught me. I lied. But, uh, you sure have some nerve, crashing a six-year-old's birthday party."
好吧,被你创造了。我说谎了。但是你们真不该来参加孩子的六周岁派对。
You sure have some nerve, crashing a six-year-old's birthday party.这句是指勒纳特没有被约请儿私自闯入托弗得生日派对,不是真的夸她有胆量,而是反语。
have a nerve或者have some nerve to do /for,有勇气做某事,有胆量做某事。
crash a party [美俚]未经约请而闯进宴会,做不速之客
Lynette: "Just so you know, I got Topher a set of bongo drums. I know you'll love them as much as he will." 我只是想见告你,我给托弗买了一副帮戈鼓,我肯定你会和他一样喜好的。
(At the bounce house, Mona leans in and shouts to her child.)
Mona: "Charlie, come on out of there! I don't want you playing with those Scavo boys!"
查理,快出来,别和斯加沃家的孩子玩。
Tammy: "Uh, Mona, please. I'm sure they're clean. (to Lynette) You are not ruining my party."
莫娜,别这样。我担保他们没病。 你不会搞砸我的派对吧。
(Tammy climbs into the bounce house.)
Tammy: "All right, Porter, Preston, okay, out, out, out. Come on. Porter, Preston, let's go."
好了,波特 普雷斯顿 出来出来。快,走。
(Lynette climbs in with them.)
Lynette: "No, not -- not -- not quite yet. Boys, keep bouncing. That's right. Keep bouncing. Oh, by the way, I spoke to Nurse Abigail. I know who patient zero is."
还可以玩呢。孩子们连续蹦。没错,连续蹦。顺便说一下, 我和艾比盖护士谈过了。我知道传染源是谁。
Tammy: "All right, that's it, kids. Get out. Out, out, out. Go, go."
好了,够了。孩子们,先出去。 出去。走。
Lynette: "How could you do that?"
你怎么可以那样?
Tammy: "Look, this party meant everything to Topher. I couldn't risk people not showing up. He would be devastated. I had to do something."
你知道这个派对对托弗很主要。我不能冒险,假如到时人们都不来怎么办? 他会难过去世的我必须想点办法。
Lynette: "And the best you could come up with was letting my kids take the fall?"
你想到的最好办法便是让我的孩子背黑锅/
take the fall背黑锅
Tammy: "Hey, I hardly had to say anything. People were already suspicious.
嘿,我可什么都没说啊。人们就开始疑惑了。
Lynette: "Oh, please."得了吧。
Tammy: "Yeah, it's true. Let's face it -- your boys aren't the cleanest kids on the planet."
是真的。说实话,你家孩子不是天下上最干净的孩子。
Lynette: "That was not a smart thing to say."
这话可不怎么好听。
Tammy: "Where are you going?"你要去哪?
Lynette: "I'm going to tell the truth to every mother out there, and then I'm gonna take back the bongos."
我要把原形见告每一个妈妈,然后收回我的帮戈鼓。
Tammy: "No, wait, okay, all right. Look, I wa--I was wrong. I admit it. I am really, really, really sorry."
不要。等等,好吧。我承认我错了。我非常抱歉。
Lynette: "Too little, too late."太没诚意,为时已晚。
Tammy: "Okay, okay. No, I'll -- I'll tell everyone that I was wrong, that your kids aren't the ones. Please, I'm begging you."
好吧。我见告诉所有人我错了。你孩子不是传染源。行吗,求你了。
Lynette: "Well, why are you standing there? Get to it."
哪还站着不动,快去说呀。
(They leave the bounce house.)