这首歌由酷玩乐队(Coldplay)主唱Chris Martin和其前妻Gwyneth Paltrow互助而成。除了歌曲本身,两人的爱情故事也让无数歌迷唏嘘不已。不同于前面专辑中通亮直白的示爱,Everglow展现了这对爱侣历经挣扎终极不得不形同陌路、相忘于江湖的无奈,这种更深层更内敛的爱也证明了他们离婚时写的那句:“我们还相互深爱,只是不能再在一起了。”
《Everglow》
Coldplay
Oh they say people come, they say people go.
人言聚有时 散有期,
This particular diamond was extra special,
而你却历久如钻石残酷在我生命里。
And though you might be gone,
我知道你已离我而去,
And the world may not know,
而这天下却未曾知情般依然鼓噪一直,
Still I see you, celestial,
我却还能瞥见你 如银汉星河的俏丽,
Like a lion you ran,
如上帝雄狮驰骋游疆,
A Goddess you rolled,
如天域女神受万世敬仰,
Like an eagle you circled,
如宙斯雄鹰划破天涯翱翔,
In perfect purple,
如皇室御紫贵气独放。
So how come things move on?
而为何美好总是难留,
How come cars don’t slow?
为何你的拜别停不住这车水马龙?
When it feels like the end of my world?
而明明它仿佛将我天下都带走,
When I should but I can’t let you go?
当我深知我该当 但却无法放手,
But when I’m cold, cold,
而当我天下陷入天寒地冻,
Oh when I’m cold, cold,
当我受困在这孤冷之中,
There’s a light that you give me,
你予我的光亮,
When I’m in shadows,
总能引我走出阴影失落落,
There’s a feeling you give me, an everglow,
你留下的情愫 是我心永生不灭的光火。
Like brothers in blood,
如骨肉伯仲血脉相连,
Sisters who ride,
也要像姐妹携手永伴身边。
And we swore on that night,
犹记得我们分离那晚旦旦誓言,
We'd be friends 'til we died,
说着到去世也不断此交情此念,
But the changing of winds,
但风向最易改,
And the way waters flow,
逝水难阻断,
Life as short as the falling of snow,
生命有时亦如冰雪溶解般短暂,
And now I'm gonna miss you, I know,
但直到现在 我对你的思念亦不眠不换。
当爱火燃尽,扒开灰烬,你依然能瞥见Martin捧出那颗跳动的橘红的心。